Friday, January 17, 2014

CALLIGRAPHIC LOVE BITS- CARD & BOOKMARK

Hi Everyone! It's Holly here today, and I have taken the technique from January 1st, and added to it a bit. After covering the white card stock using acrylic colour blocking, I clear embossed the heart from Calligraphic Love Bits. Once cool, I dragged the fired brick ink pad all over the card stock. I reheated the embossed hearts and melted away the embossing powder. This gives a Burned Batik background.
 
 
 
I added paper pieces from the Bo Bunny Crazy Love 6x6 paper pad, and matted it all with white card stock. I stamped the Love You Forever stamp with sepia archival ink, onto white card stock, then matted it with another piece of acrylic colour blocking card stock.

 
I hand-cut a heart, then did eggshell mosaic on it, coloured it with alcohol inks, red pepper, wild plum, raisin, and a touch of gold. Once dry, I applied Versamark ink, then clear embossed the heart.
 
 
I added some bling, and a few flourishes to finish the card.
Then, I got thinking about Robyn's quick cards, and decided to make a bookmark with the remaining acrylic colour block piece of card stock.

 
I stamped the xoxo from the same FABULOUS stamp set, and added some punched hearts.
 
These projects only show two of the stamps from the set. You can see all of them HERE.
 
Thank you for stopping by, and any questions are welcome.
 

6 comments:

Yogi said...

very n ice. Love the eggshell heart. Have a great day

Robyn said...

Can you send me some time to try all these techniques?
Love building on the techniques and multiple projects from one paper!
thanks Holly

Holly said...

As soon as I figure that one out Robyn, I'll send you buckets of time!

Froggietalks said...

I would LOVE to learn how to do the eggshell technique. I have seen it, but never been taught it... do you have a tutorial somewhere Holly?

Evelyn said...

Your card sure looks lovely! I kind of got lost in your instructions. The eggshell heart looks fantastic.

Holly said...

I don't have a tutorial of my own for this, but here is where I learned it, many years ago, when they were on tv. Have fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z19NkdIEvk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...