Wednesday, January 1, 2014

YOU ARE AMAZING - CARD

Happy New Year everyone!
Let's start 2014 off with a simple, colour blocking technique.
It's done like this- press the acrylic block onto the ink pad, then stamp it onto the cardstock. That's it!
You get a variety of looks with this depending on the colours you use, and how thoroughly you cover the cardstock. I used Ranger Distress Inks in Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, and Milled Lavender, covering all the white cardstock.

I stamped You Are Amazing with Jet Black Archival Ink, and once dry, cut the sentiment into two pieces. I die-cut stars from gold Pebbled Metallic Paper ,using the smallest star from the Spellbinders Nestibilities, Stars set. The next size star was used for the cut out on the base, with more pebbled paper placed behind it.
The inked panel and sentiment pieces were sponged with more of the Dusty Concord ink, then the card was assembled.
The final touch was going around all the edges with the Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.

I have to share that I thought of my husband as I was making this card- he's a star and he's amazing. From Boxing Day evening to today, he's been looking after everything around here. Cooking, cleaning, and taking care of two sick people. Our oldest son and I, literally had our legs knocked out from under us by some nasty cough bug. Today, has been a good day.  :)
 
I hope you try this technique and share it with us.
Thanks for looking today, and may 2014 overflow with all good things for you!

4 comments:

Yogi said...

Beats me where my comment went to, so here goes again...
nice. Happy New Year. Have a nice day.

Joni said...

Happy New Year, Suzanne, and I hope you and your son are improving! AND that your amazing husband doesn't catch it! Remember that when it comes to bugs, it is not more blessed to give than receive!

Joni said...

Oh yeah, the card is really neat!

Holly said...

I'm sorry Joni- I forgot to introduce myself at the beginning of my post.
We are much better and no one else is getting sick. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...