Friday, January 10, 2014

Two New Cards today

Hey Everyone and Happy New Year to you!

Today I am posting 2 cards because I got inspired with the new release
of Valentines stamps and had to do an extra one to share.  So grab a cup
of coffee or tea and come join me while I share my cards with you...


For my first card I used part of the Birthday set # 5905.



I decided to keep it simple and create a basic back round with
bright pretty Valentine papers and stamp the image on a simple
matted circle that i cut using Spellbinders Standard Circle Large
that you can get in the Quietfire Design store here....


To stamp the image I used matching red ink and embossed
it with clear and then used a soft pink to create a small
border around the circle to soften all the white.

Then I cut a few matching flags and glued them under
a small decorative medallion that I cut in pink. I finished it
with a really pretty bias ribbon bow and added a decorative
brad on the top to match.  This would be easy to make
in alot of different patterns to make up for other holidays
that come in the set too.  


So now let me share my next card with you...

I love to use dies to create shaped cards so I made this one with
that in mind and also added some embossing with a Spellbinders
folder to go under the stamped image.  The folder is called
Cabbage Roses and is from Spellbinders and you can buy it
in the online store too here....

The Happy Valentines comes from a really beautiful set #6428.

To make the card I cut the paper on the fold first and then cut
out a pink dotted piece of paper to go next. Then I cut and embossed
 together the next layer. I used Distress ink (worn lipstick) with a
sponge applicator to bring the design out a little more and then let it dry.


To finish my card I cut a tag from Spellbinders Fancy Tags
and tied a ribbon around it and glued it down with foam dots.

I really wanted the Happy Valentines sentiments to stand out 
so I stamped it in red ink and embossed it with clear embossing
powder and then carefully hand cut around it and glued it on the tag.  
To finish it I tied a big bow and added a few stickpins to glisten it up a little.

Hope you are inspired to start getting ready for Valentines 
and be sure and order this beautiful set so you can!  
Have a wonderful and creative day.

4 comments:

Yogi said...

both are beautiful. have a great day

Holly said...

Very pretty cards Teresa. I really like the cutting on the fold idea.

Jutta said...

Both cards are lovely!

Froggietalks said...

Lovely cards Teresa :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...