Friday, January 24, 2014

Oval Frame - The Most I Can Do card

Yogi here with something I came across in my wanderings... Love the idea of using ovals and making them look like rectangles with the help of some decorative corners.

I side folded my white cardstock (4.25"w x 5.5"h). I embossed the Darice "Doily Lace" on another piece of white cardstock and used a Distress pad "Pumice Stone" to hit the high points. Adhered to card front edge to edge. This way it gave me a clean inside.

Die cut a couple ovals (Spellbinders "Petite Ovals Small") from white cardstock and sponged some Pumice around the edges of the smaller oval. Left the larger oval plain. Stamped the quote from the Friendship Quote Marks set on the smaller oval using Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed. Adhered the ovals together.

Die cut the corners (Spellbinders "Moroccan Accents") from white cardstock. Inked them up with Distress "Black Soot" and embossed with black embossing powder. Adhered the corners to the oval and then on to the card front.

Die cut the flower pieces (Heartfelt Creations "Daisy Patch") from white cardstock. Sponged with Distress "Mustard Seed" then with the "Picked Raspberry" pad, hitting it here and there as accents. Shaped the petals with a large balled stylus, and then curled the leaves around a thin dowel. Adhered the 3 layers together and added an adhesive backed wedding pearl. Die cut the leaves (Cottage Cutz "Acorn Leaf Vine"), cutting off the leaves I wanted and sponging with Distress "Crushed Olive" and then lightly with the raspberry.

 Die cut the butterfly (Joy Crafts) and sponged some blues and greens, then applied Viva Holo Iridescent glitter Liner.

Hope you give adding decorative corners to an oval or circle. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Holly said...

This is a great card Yogi! I absolutely will try this technique.

Joni said...

Love this card, Yogi - also like the idea of using the corner accent pieces. I'd not have thought to ink and heat emboss them - nice contract matte to glossy. Thanks!
Joni

Froggietalks said...

Lovely Yogi. I have that stamp, I must really use it more :)

busybee58 said...

Beautiful!!

Teresa said...

Your card is really beautiful... Love the colors and embossing on it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...