Friday, January 31, 2014

Calligraphic Love Bits – Rose Bud Inspirational Canvas

Hello there!  It’s Jutta Maraun here today with my first post as a new member of the Quietfire Design Team.

First thanks to Suzanne for sharing your beautiful calligraphy with us through Quietfire Design and for the opportunity to join the Quietfire Design Team.

Here is a bit about me… I live in the interior of beautiful British Columbia Canada surrounded by majestic mountains. It is a place where nature inspires me every day. My husband and I have three grown children and two grandchildren.  We both work full time at our Machine and Welding business as we adjust to life as empty nesters.
 
Paper crafting is my latest passion, although I have always enjoyed making homemade cards and gifts.  I come from a background of multi- media art and crafts. I enjoy attending workshops, but my favorite way of learning is to experiment.


And now I’d like to share with you my Rose Bud Inspirational Canvas.

This Rose Bud Inspirational Canvas started with an 8”x8” primed canvas from our Dollar Store.

I used Stampin Up! Craft Ink Spots direct to canvas in Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose to create the rose buds and Certainly Celery and Old Olive (with dauber and brush) for stems. Then I brush outlined each bud in Bashful Blue swirls and with Certainly Celery I inked all around the canvas sides. 

To complete the background I used a dauber to apply Iridescent Pearl Acrylic Paint to fill in any unpainted areas.

After the ink and paint dried I randomly stamped the XOXO and the Infinity Heart from the Quietfire Design Calligraphic Love Bits Stamp set.  When dry I sealed all with a workable fixative.

For the sentiment panel I cut a piece of vellum to 2-1/2”x 9”.  Using Sepia Archival Ink I stamped the sentiment and the Inkadinkado Butterfly. I adhered this panel with double-sided tape and covered the  top and bottom edges of the panel with washi tape.

As the final step, I ran double-sided tape around all edges and covered them with more washi tape.

I hope you enjoyed my share today.
Jutta

7 comments:

Yogi said...

pretty, soft, romantic. Have a great day

C. M. Taylor said...

So creative in technique and design. Your art speaks to the heart. Thank you for sharing.

Charmaine Stack said...

Very pretty. And a clever way to attach the vellum panel!

Holly said...

Beautiful Jutta- Congratulations on your first post as a design team member!

Quietfire said...

Beautiful and painterly - with stamping supplies! Fascinating!!

Unknown said...

This is stunning :)

Unknown said...

This is stunning :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...