Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Resist - Some People

Yogi here... After the Christmas Holidays I really needed some fun colors that represent spring to me... I need winter to end. BIG GRIN.

For the background, I repeatedly stamped the quote (Some People Come Into Our Lives) using Versamark on 90# CP watercolor paper and clear embossed. Then dabbed Distress Stains all over in "Mustard Seed", "Picked Raspberry", "Ripe Persimmon" and a bit of "Tarnished Brass", then misted with water, tilted my paper and let it do it's thing... Set aside to dry. Trimmed it to size.

Side folded my cream card. Layered a piece of red cardstock, edge to edge, then a mid toned yellow leaving a scant border all around.

Stamped the quote with Versafine Black Onyx on a piece of pink toned vellum and clear embossed. Cut by hand in the shape of a heart and edged it with a Krylon gold leafing pen. Cut some slits to thread my red Sari Ribbon through and wrapped the ends around my background piece. Note: I did not adhere my heart, it's only held on to the card with the ribbon.

Tied a bow separately and adhered it to the heart. Inserted some red heart brads in the corners and then adhered my background to the card.

I love doing text resist backgrounds. Hope you give it a try.

6 comments:

Dawn S. said...

I love resist backgrounds too. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Like this, great color & the quote is perfect!!

Francie in Montreal said...

Love the technique and the card is so attractive and cheery. Perfect for this weather.

Holly said...

Great card Yogi, and the nice, bright colours are a treat to see!

Froggietalks said...

Lovely card Yogi :)

Jutta said...

Very cheery card, nice choice of colours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...