Thursday, October 2, 2014

How Beautiful Leaves Grow Old/ Thankful-Quietfire Design,Walnut Hollow Blog Hop Day 4!



Hi Y'all, Robyn here welcoming you to the
 Walnut Hollow & Quietfire 2014 Blog Hop!  We’re pleased you’re joining us and know you’ll find lots of creative inspiration for combining Quietfire stamps on the beautiful 
Walnut Hollow wood products. 

Look at this prize package!!!

To be eligible for our grand prize, your work is simple:
Please leave a comment on each of our blog posts,

nine here on the Quietfire Creations blog
and five on the Walnut Hollow blog hop posts here


 So that will be 14 comments in total on two different blogs from September 29, 2014 to October 3, 2014!  The winner must be a resident of North America. 

We will draw the prize on Monday October 6th, 2014 and the winner will be announced shortly after in a separate blog post. We look forward to seeing your comments!  Tell your friends!



and one of the newest Quietfire Design Rubber stamp releases

The sentiment is stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed
with  copper embossing powder on Spellbinders Decorative Labels 28 layered on Spellbinders Floral Oval.

The leaves are cut from Spellbinders Assorted Leaves, Kraft Glassine paper, crinkled and colored. The ink needs to be heat set into the paper.

The flowers are constructed from Silhouette Cut files,
Here is how they look on the mat.

First I tried the Harvest Blessings cut file to make my sentiment embellishment and for some creative reason, Thankful stole the show!
On the mat:
I've always been an Italic kind of girl, and Suzanne has won me over to Blackletter!

Cut five layers out of card stock, glue them together and thermal emboss gold.

The whole thing is held together with a lot of glue dots. I cut many of them up into tiny pieces to hide them and if you run your scissor through perfect medium or VersaMark they won't stick.
The adhesive of choice is Glue Dots! They held well to both paper and wood, are almost invisible, and I could move them around a bit it needed.
***Tip***
Put all your elements in place, take a photo, then you can take it apart and glue it, with the photo for reference.

I hope you are inspired by my project, and be sure to scroll over to Yvonnes post, and the Walnut Hollow post to see what more is in store for you today. 
***Remember to leave a comment on all the blogs in the hop- it's not to late to go back-to be entered into the grand prize drawing!****
Please visit my blog RainbowWeaves for possible back story,and more Quietfire Design inspiration!
In addition to a garden ornament, I'm going to be using this as a floral offering when it is my turn in our Church Guild!
Be sure to visit Yvonne's post for more inspiration !

46 comments:

Viki Banaszak said...

That is so cool. I love this stamp.

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Love the market post and the "italics"!

Heather said...

WOW, that is gorgeous, Love the idea. What a great gift idea.

Janis said...

Awe-inspiring sentiment on this pretty garden ornament!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

jcobb said...

This is so beautiful! I love the stamp...what a perfect description of the loveliness that is Fall!

Roseanna C said...

Thanks for the inspiration

Walnut Hollow said...

What a great way to use the Market Sign in your garden!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. It fits into the garden so seamlessly. I wish I was a member of your church - I'd be hoping that I could take this garden sign home with me.
thanks for sharing an amazing sign.

Saundra A. said...

Really nice and colorful! thanks for showing the detailed instructions.

Linda T said...

Wow this is so lovely. Love the flowers and the stamp. How so lovely this would be in you're garden. Gardening is my passion and I sure would love to have something as beautiful as this in it. Just love all the colors.

Yogi said...

absolutely lovely project Robyn. Have a great day

JPScraps said...

Love this! That sentiment is fabulous!!

Fran O. said...

Fun project!

Dawn S. said...

Thanks for sharing a lovely project!

barbara macaskill said...

This beauty took my breath away! Absolutely stunning creation!!! Gotta get me one of the signposts to try to create something as beautiful as this! Thanks for sharing!

Dorina D said...

Such a fabulous sentiment and what a fabulous Garden Ornament. So unique and such a special floral offering for the guild. That's so cool. Gorgeous work.

Art By Wanda said...

Robyn, this is beautiful!!!

trisha too said...

Really pretty sign, Robyn--I can see lots of uses for that Market Sign base, what a great starting point!

:)

Sue D said...

Wow --this is beautiful. Love all the flowers.

cghundley said...

Wonderfully made
sign, love all the flowers
and pretty colors! Fun
to look at.
Carla from Utah

nancy carroll said...

LOVE, and that sentiment rocks! Love the inspiration.

Darlene said...

OMG this is AMAZING and absolutely beautiful!!! WOW! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration and fun hop!
Darlene
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Cathie Miller said...

Love it!

Froggietalks said...

I love this, and I can see I really need some lessons on my Silhouette.

Beach Girl 115 said...

This sign is so gorgeous. It looks like an explosion of flowers!

Unknown said...

So lovely what a great idea. Thanks

Kathy Eddy said...

What a fabulous use of the sign! This is just stunning!

Felicia said...

Great little sign to invite those Thanksgiving guests! Precious! :)

Yvonne said...

Simply gorgeous!

Mary Decker said...

What a beautiful sign! Thank you for your hard work and inspiration. I could see myself making a sign. It would something for my nephew, his wife, and their almost 2 year old in their new home. That would be fun!

C. M. Taylor said...

Congratulations on a job well done. You are so creative and I appreciate that you are willing to share.

Jackie said...

What a lovely sign! I think I need one for my potted flowers in my kitchen :-)

Nancy said...

I just love this saying and I hope i am just as beautiful as your sign is when I grow old! Love this idea and the stamp and dies you used! Thank you so much!

Pat said...

What a great garden sign. Love your design.

Unknown said...

Wow, was it a market sign, it went through a total metamorphose in your hands, love your project!

Anonymous said...

Robyn, I absolutely love this market sign! It is beautiful!

Christina said...

So so pretty :)

LeeBeth said...

You turned that common place, rustic, practical sign into a real stunner.

Sheila said...

Eye-catching! Love the saying!

Ann said...

Love this stamp and your project.
Mstgane
Ann

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sentiment artfully used! Thanks for the great tips! Follower from Tamworth

Evelyn said...

Robyn, I really like the yellow flowers you used.

Teri's Alter Ego said...

A great way to brighten up a corner of your garden on a sunny autumn day, but equally pretty to use in a fairly large potted plant on the patio or in the home or a sun room. The sentiment is perfect for the season!

Colleen said...

Outside signs as well, Walnut Hollow's company is awesome!!!! Great job would love to see this in my yard

Unknown said...

Love your sign, it is really beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

McStamper said...

What a unique and lovely project.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...