Thursday, October 2, 2014

Quietfire & Walnut Hollow Blog Hop - day 4 - Do what makes you happy



Hello everyone, Yvonne here today on day 4 of the Quietfire & Walnut Hollow bloghop.
We're pleased you're joining us for lots and lots of creative inspiration for combining Quietfire stamps and Walnut Hollow wood products.

 


I chose this mini Hinged sign (#40255) and Twirl & Enjoy (#6397) for my project.




I know the bare wood is lovely, but I decided to paint my hinged sign soft grey, using gesso with a drop of grey paint in it.
Then glued upon  a white  piece of cardstock and aged it with VintagePhoto Distress ink  and a blending tool.
Upon I placed a piece of patternd paper which I aged with distress ink and a distresser tool.
Then added the lace and ribbon.

 
The Quietfire text was stamped upon white cardstock using black Archival ink.
Then cut/embossed/stencilled some Spellbinders dies : Parasian Motifs (S5-035) and upon  Stately Circles (S4-388).
Use foam squares /tape to glue the circles upon the hinged sign.
The sign is finished of with lots of mulberry flowers, leaves and pearl stripes.

 
I have put this sign on my desk, just to remmind me how much fun my papercraft hobby is!

 


To be eligible for our Grand prize, your work is simple:
Please leave a comment on EACH of our blogposts: 9 here on the Quietfire Creations blog and 5 on the Walnut Hollow blog hop posts here:  http://walnuthollowcrafts.wordpress.com/
So that will be 14 comments in total on two different blogs from September 29, 2014 to October 3, 2014!

The winner must be a resident of North America.

Don't forget to visit Robyn's blogpost for another beautiful project placed today.

Thanks for stopping by!
I'm looking forward to your comments!

Hugs,
Yvonne

 

 

51 comments:

Viki Banaszak said...

This is stunning! I love the embellishments. The little berry's make me so happy.

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Love this idea!! And what a great reminder to see every day! :)

Heather said...

What a beautiful project, Love the detail. Its been a great hop!!

jcobb said...

Lovely! I can picture it with the sentiment "Enjoy your Day" as a Mother's Day gift!

Janis said...

Wow....what a lovely piece of work!! Love the shabby chic details. So pretty!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Roseanna C said...

Thanks for the inspiration, your project is so pretty.

Walnut Hollow said...

This is such a beautiful project for the Hinged Sign. We love what you created with one of our favorite stamps - and it really is perfect for your desk!

C. M. Taylor said...

Such a happy piece of art. How could you not be content in the presence of such an inspiration?

Anonymous said...

The little sign is a great size for display around the home. Your embellishments made it so beautiful.
Love the shabby look of the papers, the beautiful flowers, the fencing, and the lace pieces. The sentiment is wonderful.
thanks for sharing an amazing piece.

Saundra A. said...

I really love this sign. The flowers and lace are stunning! the distressing is great.

Linda T said...

What a beautiful sign. Love you're creativity. Beautiful stamps and I just love the idea you can make a sign like that especiall for gifts. Would be great encouragement for a desk. Lovely.

Yogi said...

gorgeous!!!. Have a great day

JPScraps said...

This is just gorgeous! I love everything about it!

Fran O. said...

Beautiful piece.

Dawn S. said...

Love the rustic yet lacy look of the card!

barbara macaskill said...

LOVE the beautiful flowers and the sentiment!!! This sign would look awesome in the entryway to welcome all guests!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jacoline said...

My goodness this is just an awesome creations Yvonne... you are very talented.

Dorina D said...

Gorgeous sign. Your work is so beautiful.

Art By Wanda said...

Yvonne, this is gorgeous!!!!

trisha too said...

Lovely, lovely--so many pretty details!

:)

Sue D said...

Very pretty. I like all the flowers, the fence and the lace.

cghundley said...

How fun and beautiful
this is! Really a cute
gift idea also.
Carla from Utah

nancy carroll said...

Wow, that made me happy! Wonderful inspiration.

Darlene said...

This is absolutely awesome! LOVE the wooden structure and your design is gorgeous! Thanks for inspiration and a fun hop.
Darlene
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Cathie Miller said...

So nice!

Froggietalks said...

I love this Yvonne!

Beach Girl 115 said...

This beautiful project would make me happy! Thanks for sharing your great idea.

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Thank you

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just so pretty! I love the little berries and the feence is adorable. It all ties together so well.

Felicia said...

Yvonne, I love this little sign! How precious! :)

Yvonne said...

Thanks so much!

Mary Decker said...

I chuckled when I saw your lovely easel. Your work is terrific! The reason I laughed is because I have some family and some friends for whom this would be a great gift. They, like me, need to slow down sometimes, laugh, and relax!

It wouldn't be hard to think of some encouragement for that! Thank you!!

Unknown said...

Oh my how wonderful this project is!

Jackie said...

This easel is so lovely! The lace and the flowers are arranged so beautifully. I have flowers and lace in my stash that will be going into projects like this soon :-)

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I so love this phrase you used!

Nancy said...

Yuvone, I just loved how the mixture of stamps, dies, lace, flowers came together to make such a beautiful sign!

Pat said...

Great sign. Great design. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love that sign, and all those embellishments are so great!

Anonymous said...

Your mini hinged sign is fabulous...and with such beautiful details!

Ms Linda said...

Nice mini sign with good detail

Christina said...

Great stamp saying, wonderful finished project.

LeeBeth said...

Even with the distress wood background this is a very feminine piece.

Anonymous said...

I love the sentiment you chose for this easel, and the whole thing just looks amazing :) How creative you are! :)

Mickey Drake ( drakemickey@yahoo.ca )

Sheila said...

Just the right amount of distressing...and the saying is one to have.

Ann said...

So cool - lovely!!
Mstgane
Ann

Anonymous said...

Great job of distressing! nice project. Follower from Tamworth

Evelyn said...

Yvonne, what a lovely project. I love the details.

Teri's Alter Ego said...

Yvonne, this is just stunning! Perfect on your desk to remind you to make the most out of each day and to remember to find joy in going it! I'm definitely going to try make one for my desk!

Colleen said...

Precious love the sign, a great job on creating it!

Unknown said...

Love your sign, it is really beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

McStamper said...

I love your idea. It is so pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...