Friday, October 17, 2014

HOW BEAUTIFULLY LEAVES GROW OLD- CARD


Hi Everyone! This is Holly, and I'm sharing a couple cards today that have the same masked design, yet look so different.



I began by cutting my tree mask, using MAPLE TREE-FOUR SEASONS
e-cut file. You get SO MUCH with this file! I just need the tree today.

I laid the tree mask on white card stock, off to the side a bit, then sponged on DISTRESS INKS, peeled paint, fired brick and stormy sky. I applied the inks more heavily around the tree and card edges. Using the same inks, I stamped the leaves randomly, hoping for a breezy day look. The sentiment was stamped with jet black ARCHIVAL INK. The sentiment and leaves are from HOW BEAUTIFULLY THE LEAVES GROW OLD stamp set. Love it!
On a scrap of white card stock, I stamped a few more leaves, cut them out, and stuck them to the lower area of the card.

So simple, I had to give you another one.

The second card starts with stamping Friendship is a Sheltering Tree (FRIENDSHIP QUOTEMARKS SET) all over the white card stock, using dried marigold and antique linen distress inks. The tree mask was placed over the stamping, again to the left side a bit, then sponged over with faded jeans, broken china and chipped sapphire distress inks. 
Two stamps from THE WOODS WOULD BE VERY SILENT  were stamped on white card stock, then cut with Spellbinders CLASSIC OVALS. The ovals were sponged around the edges with more antique linen and dried marigold ink. All three pieces were then edged with jet black archival ink by rolling the edges against the ink pad.
The ovals were attached with foam tape and black gems were added to the card base.





I hope you try masking. It provides an easy background for your card.

Thank you for looking today!








9 comments:

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Love these cards! Beautiful colors you chose.

Anne said...

These are stunning! I think you have been very creative and imaginative! Gorgeous cards! Thanks for the inspiration and the smile! :O)

Dianne said...

Really gorgeous cards! the changing autumn leaves are inspiring...I hate to see the color go away, but really enjoy them while they are still here. could we just skip winter please?! :)

Yogi said...

very pretty. have a great day

donna said...

lovely cards

Dorina D said...

Beautiful work. Love the masking and the beautiful quotes.

UTs Hobby Time said...

Gorgeous !! Beautiful masking. Love the colors.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Such lovely cards! The colors are beautiful. The stamps go so well with the tree and leaves. I like how you used the Be Yourself stamp...looks great!

Evelyn said...

Holly, the cards are lovely. Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...