Monday, August 31, 2015

Christmas is a Piece of Home!

Good morning!  Sherry here today and I have a card to share using one of the newer stamps, Christmas is a Piece of Home, and the new metal cutting die, Merry Christmas.



I don’t know about most of you, but I still have a huge stash of old Christmas/Holiday designer papers. In my quest to use what products I have, I dug deep and came up with a very old favorite from BasicGrey, Figgy, to use for the card.  The edges of the paper were inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink and then sewn to a cardstock base.  The sentiment was stamped in Forest Moss Distress Ink then die cut/embossed with some old retired oval die templates.  The seam binding ribbon was dyed with Forest Moss to match the sentiment.



For a change, I decided to decorate the inside of the card using the same Figgy paper.  Before die cutting the inside sentiment, a small piece of double-sided adhesive was attached to the paper so it was easy to adhere to the inside of the card.  It cut great and was easy as pie to attached the sentiment.



Thanks for stopping by and joining me today!

SHERRY SIGNATURE







Project Supplies:









5 comments:

Late Blooming said...

Sherry, I love this and using all of your "old" paper is something we all need to do. Thanks for the idea. Love the stamp.

Yogi said...

nicely done. have a great day

kngwd89 said...

Lovely card, inside and out! I really like how the inside is a re-interpretation of the front...just flipped. Great idea and I enjoy seeing paper from the past reappearing with new stamps and dies. Thanks for the inspiration.

Janet L. said...

Another gorgeous card!! I'll be digging through some of my old paper now!

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL, inside & out!!!
LOVE the sentiment and the rumpled ribbon is the perfect accent!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...