Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Forever - Love - Hand in hand life's journey begins.


Wedding Week at Quietfire!!!!!

We’re pretty excited over here at Quietfire Design. One of our own is being married this week!  Congrats Yvonne van deGrijp!!!!  
Yvonne is marrying the love of her life, Harrie, in the Netherlands – in a windmill... tomorrow.  Very romantic!!  She’s so excited!

This week we’re celebrating her happy event with a collection of well wishes!  Congratulations Yvonne and Harrie!  Have a wonderful day.  We wish you all good things in your life together.  


For the background of my card I've used Distress Inks (various greens including evergreen bough which brought in some blue-green) applying them to white cardstock using the wrinkle free distress technique, dipping and drying until I liked what I had.  Next I stenciled hearts (Tim Holtz Stencil) with Distress Ink Hickory Smoke.  I added a heart rub-on adhesive (Prima, Christine Adolf) to the left side of the paper applying silver foil over the adhesive.  At this point I decided to cut my background into two pieces, edged them with hickory smoke and distressed the edges of the heart piece.  "Forever" and "Love" were cut from grey, white, and black cardstock, layered together as shown and attached to the heart piece.  This piece was attached to the folded white card.  The other piece of background was stamped with the Hand in Hand quote using Archival Ink jet black.  I wrapped grey twine around the bottom and tucked in a little bouquet of roses.  This piece was attached to the folded card with foam mounting tape.  


3 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

So pretty, Wanda! What a great mix of dies and stamps. Love the background, too!

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Kathy Jo!!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Such a beauty. You always dazzle me with your lovely cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...