Monday, March 30, 2020

Gilded Tulip Garden


Happy Monday! [...just in case you need to know the day of the week] To those essential workers who are still heading to work ~ THANK YOU! To those who are now home social distancing ~ THANK YOU! In the midst of all this change in the past weeks, I do find some comfort in my craft room, even if my creativity struggles to surface.

This week I played with the newest colours added to Quietfire Design’s Modern Gilding Powders line. The colours are gorgeous, soft and swoon worthy! I wanted to used them all, so decided to make a garden of flowers...in hopes of finding some spring vibes in our very, winter like weather!



I added some Distress Oxide inks to some watercolour paper, to create an illusion of grass, sky and sunshine. I chose watercolour paper so I could “pull” some colour from my Tombow markers in another step.



After my background was completed, I made a stencil from cardstock using the Elizabeth Craft Designs Butterflies and Star Sprays die, designed by Suzanne Cannon. I used a foam makeup sponge to tap some acrylic paint onto my background through the butterflies. Every garden needs butterflies!




Next to make some flowers! I very loosely drew tulips and cut them out out cardstock. Using an Emboss It Dabber from Ranger, I covered my tulips with embossing and poured my Gilding Powders over top! Guess what...even the worse drawn flowers will look amazing, so give it a try!



I cut out the word Spring from the 4 Seasons die and embossed with Dragon Berry Modern Gilding Powder, a favourite from the first release of colours.



With my flowers and quote all ready, I decided how I wanted my placement. With my Tombow markers, I drew stems for my tulips and used my water brush to “pull” the colour. This allows for more of a water colour effect and softer lines! I did the same for some grass and added a few pencil lines for depth.



In signing off today, I encourage you to play. This is not my favourite card I have ever created, it did however let me play with product that has been waiting for me, it took my mind away from the constant chatter of COVID 19 news and play lets your creativity grow...it’s part of the process.




Have a healthy week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...