Monday, March 9, 2020

How my card making progresses

Hi, Diana here with a couple of cards that shows two things - I can fit a Quietfire Design die/stamp on anything and my card making progresses as I play. 

My first card is a straight up combination of dies.  I love this Welcome die - that flourish on top just makes me happy.  I had just gotten this Village Edges by Elizabeth Craft Designs and thought combined they would make the perfect Welcome to the neighborhood type card.  I used the Retro Alphabet Trio die set to add "to the neighborhood" but I didn't have room so I just spelled out "home" which I think works great.  



I used Copics to color the Village die and also the bottom of the Welcome die for a nice ombre effect.  I sponged the clouds on the card base before gluing on all the die cuts.


Very basic card for me which is what I typically do when I first get a die.  For my second card, I decided to add more textures to the die by making the houses a bit more realistic.  I dabbed my Copics to mimic a stone house and a brick  house.  The roofs are now different colors from the walls and I added some trees.


I chose the "live next door" stamp from the "In a Perfect World" stamp set this time around - it's one of my favorite stamps.  But I think "Miss You" or "Congratulations" would also go great with this village die.  Like I said, I can find lots of places to use my Quietfire Design dies/stamps!


Thanks for looking!


Welcome - Metal Cutting Die

In A Perfect World, Set of 4 Stamps - Mounted

In a Perfect World stamp set (Quietfire Design)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...