Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Sending Smiles and Hugs with new Modern Gilding Powders

 Hi, there!  I'm still on my task of making cards to brighten people's day during this social distancing time so I picked sentiments that would be appropriate.  I also received the new Modern Gilding Powders so I wanted to test those out.   To do that, I die cut a bunch of butterflies from the Butterfly Flourish set and gilded all of them with both the old and new colors of Modern Gilding Powders.


Aren't they just so pretty like that?  I am absolutely smitten with the Celtic Mint, Armenian Pink and Forever Platinum.  Since I made all those, I decided to use them on some cards and I came up with a couple.


For this first one, I used the butterfly die cuts as a stencil - just put a bit of removable adhesive to hold the butterfly still.  I started with the colors below but then sponged over the blue with a green so that I could used similar colors of MPG butterflies.


The Sending Smiles was cut out of purple card stock and the butterflies are Celtic Green, Dilly Dilly Lavender, and Armenian Pink.  Such a light and happy card.


For my second card, I used the Butterflies Spray Stencil with different shades of green and blue inks.  If you don't have the stencil, you can used the die to make your own stencil - works just as well!  The card below features Forever Platinum, Burnished Silver and the Sending Hugs is Acanthus Teal which showed up darker than the one in my picture above - different lighting on different days.


 On the picture above, you can see the subtle difference between the Forever Platinum and Burnished Silver - both gorgeous!



Modern Gilding Powders - Spring 2020 set of 5

Modern Gilding Powders - Spring 2020 set of 5


Butterfly Flourish - Metal Cutting Dies
Butterfly Flourish die set (Quietfire Design | Elizabeth Craft Designs)

Sending Hugs Kisses - Metal Cutting Dies
Sending Hugs and Kisses die set (Quietfire Design | Elizabeth Craft Designs)

Sweet Smiles - Metal Cutting Dies

Sweet Smiles die set (Quietfire Design | Elizabeth Craft Designs)





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...