Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Butterfly Circles

Hello!  I hope you are staying warm!  It's really cold here:  5 degrees with windchill of -18.  New record low!  Still glad I'm not in Massachusetts but it's strange that my friends in Alaska are experiencing warmer weather than I am here in Virginia.  All to say that I'm creating my own spring in my craft room!  And what better way to signal spring than butterflies?  Suzanne had just sent me this sweet Butterfly Circles set and I love love love this big stamp.  The letters and flourishes intertwine in the coolest way and there's a perfect space in the center for my butterfly dies.  

Quietfire Design, butterfly circles, Diana Nguyen

I first did a rainbow color wash on watercolor paper.  I used Memory Box's Darla and Vivienne Butterflies for my focal point and added some layered, punched butterflies.  The large stitched circle die is from Lil' Inkers and the paper from Colorbok was sponged around the edges with distress ink Salty Ocean.   Some pearls for the butterfly body for my final touch.  Hope you like it!


Butterfly Circles, May the Wings, set of 5 stamps - Mounted

 Stay warm and safe!

10 comments:

Jean said...

This is gorgeous!

KVencel said...

Absolutely a show-stopper! Love the color on the large butterfly. It just draws ones eye right to the sentiment.

Anne said...

Oh my what a beautiful stamp set and what a gorgeous card! I love how you coloured the butterfly and added wee ones in matching colours. The recipient of your card will be delighted! Thank you for such inspiration and reminder of warmer days to come!

Yogi said...

Oh I LOVE the colors in that butterfly. Lovely card. Have a great day.

D.Ann C said...

Fab!!!

Art By Wanda said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Jutta said...

Love that stamp set and your pretty card!

Shirley said...

It's still one of my favourite sentiment stamps.

Robyn said...

Love the rainbow butterfly and the color echos in the card. Thanks Diana!

Joni said...

Love this, Diana...TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...