Thursday, February 19, 2015

You Are Never Too Old Card


Howdy Hi from Wanda today!!!  

This card finishes at just shy of 5" x 7".  The background panel is 4 3/4" x 6 3/4".  I started with Distress Inks (mustard seed, victorian velvet, faded jeans, peeled paint, and rusty hinge) applied with an ink blending tool to a piece of manila card.  I flicked the piece with water, let it sit a bit, blotted it and dried it.  White embossing paste is added through a stencil (Prima) and left to dry.  As it dries it absorbs color from the distress ink giving the paste color.  Once is was dry, I used Distress Paint tarnished brass on the edges and lightly brushed it here and there over the paste and dried it.  Next I dabbed a little Distress Stain picket fence here and there on the piece and dried it.  Finally I splattered on some Distress Stain black soot. For the quote, You are never too old,  I rubbed Distress Stain mustard seed on a scrap of paper (a note pad that I use to test stamps, etc... it's thin paper and it also wrinkled a little), stamped the quote with Archival Ink jet black, tore it out, rubbed tarnished brass paint around the edge and then some black soot stain.  I also got some extra spots around that I didn't mean too but it worked ok. I added some strips of washi tape to the card, attached the quote panel with foam mounting tape, the flower was sitting in my work area left from another project, and along the bottom I attached a left over die cut that I added paint and stain to plus a little shading around it.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  If you have time, I'd love to hear what you think!!






9 comments:

Ingrid said...

Your card is wonderful!

Robyn said...

Love this card Wanda. can't wait to try the paste on top of the distress ink. Brilliant!

Yogi said...

great background. Love the card. Have a great day

Jean said...

So pretty!

Anne said...

AMAZING background! What a beautiful card! Bravo and thank you for sharing how you created your card! It's lovely!

Felicia said...

LOVE this card Wanda! The colors are fabulous and I LOVE the background! The sentiment is SO true! We just have to have to courage enough and faith enough to believe that! :) Wonderful! :) Blessings

Jean Bullock said...

Beautiful card and I love the sentiment.

C. M. Taylor said...

Beautiful!

Words and Pictures said...

What a great card - love the colour effects over the texture in the background, and the sentiment is lovely.
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...