Monday, February 23, 2015

Slainte My Friend


Yogi here today with a St Patrick's Day easel card... It is around the corner BIG GRIN

All cut from white cardstock... Card closed 6"w x 6"h

I die cut the largest of the Creative Expression (Sue Wilson "Scandinavian Collection - Stockholm") set for the front of the card, sponged through the die using Distress "Scattered Straw". (I used both the scrolled part and the outside edge. Then cut an under layer using just the outside edge die.

For the easel part, I folded my cardstock in half, placed the outside edge die just slightly over the folded edge and die cut, then folded the front half in half to create the easel. Adhered the solid base.

eCut the word "Slainte" at approximately 6" wide. Colored with Distress acrylic daubers "Mustard Seed" while still on the mat. Removed from mat and applied Versamark all over (except the shamrock) and embossed with a yellowish embossing powder "Honey". Applied Quickie Glue pen to the shamrock and sprinkled with Glitter Ritz micro fine glitter "Chartreuse". Cut a bit between some of the letters to allow me to curve the word, and glued it to the front edge, just on the tips of the letters. Adhered the scrolled piece.

eCut the "Shamrock Flourish" in 2 sizes - 1 at approx 2." and 1 at 4". While on the mat, swished a "Mowed Lawn" acrylic dauber over the flourishes leaving streaks - almost like a dry brush technique. Removed from mat and adhered the larger one to the front of the card. Masked off the quote stamp ("This is my Beloved") with a piece of tape to leave only the "my friend" for inking with Versafine Black Onyx. Removed the tape and stamped, then clear embossed.

Die cut some roses (Marianne Creatables) from textured heavy weight stationary paper, swished the mustard seed dauber over the die cut, working from the center out to the edges to give a streaky effect. Then very lightly went over it with "Rusty Hinge". Coiled them and adhered them to my card front.

Tied a multi loop fork type bow from green narrow ribbon. Adhered with a glue gun. As a final touch on the front, added one of my little yellow quilled lady bugs.

Die cut another solid piece for the floor. Inked up a Hero Arts "Bead Background" stamp with Scattered Straw, misted with water and stamped. Dried. Used the eraser part of a pencil, inked with Mustard Seed and stamped on each of the beads (they're diamond shaped and I wanted circles...), then embossed with the Honey. (see detail pic below). Adhered to floor.

Die cut the 2 small solid pieces, sponged the larger one with the Mustard Seed. The smaller one I used the Mowed Lawn dauber, streaking the surface through the die. Removed from dies and adhered together. Stamped the sentiment with the black and clear embossed. Cut off the shamrock from the smaller flourish I cut above, applied glue and sprinkled with the Chartreuse glitter. Adhered to flourish end of sentiment.

Used 3D foam tape (a double layer) , positioned it on the floor and then fussy cut a little notch for the front to fit in to use as a stopper. Adhered the die cuts.

As a final touch added some light green rhinestones to some of the dots.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a 'yummy' looking card! Good enough to eat because it would be a fantastic design idea for a matching cake...icing, cream and pretty sugar craft flowers! Such a beautiful and pretty card, a gorgeous design! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love all the detail work on it, and the dies are gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
    Hugs,
    Lena – DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...