Thursday, October 17, 2019

Gilded Autumn Courage


Hello Quietfire Design fans!  Betsy here on the blog today with my first post as an official Design Team member!  I hope my projects inspire you to create gorgeous projects with Quietfire Design products.

Today I am bringing you a card inspired by Autumn.  It is a beautiful time of year with such an array of yummy colors!  I've brought the flavor of fall with an encouraging message for the recipient.

Let me explain my process:




I first used a blend of 2 of the new Gilding Powders: "Kells Gold" and "Copper Scroll".  I used my piece of 4" x 5 1/4" background paper and Elizabeth Crafts Designs Stencil:  "Leaf and Snowflake Sprays".  

I placed my stencil so the leaves would be cascading down the left side.  I held both the paper and the stencil down as I worked.  I positioned the stencil and swiped my embossing ink pad on the stencil 4 times.  I lifted the stencil off and applied first the "Copper Scroll" Gilding Powder.  I didn't cover the entire image with this, but rather put it in a few areas, then tapped off the excess.  Then I did the same with the "Kells Gold".  This created a mix of both Gilding Powders on the project.  I poured what was left over into a separate container to be used on another project and to not contaminate the original jars.  The result was a lovely mix of both colors on my projects:


I die cut the Elizabeth Crafts Die: "Courage"  3 times using dark brown card stock.  I took one of those die cuts and followed the same embossing procedure: I swiped embossing ink on it and then used "Copper Scroll" Gilding Powder and then finished it with the "Kells Gold".  This gave my die cut a lovely varigated metal finish with plenty of dimension and definition.



I then die cut a 3" circle out of coordinating card stock for my sentiment.  I heat embossed the Quietfire Designs stamp: "Courage Doesn't Always Roar" with a hybrid black ink using my stamp positioner.  I used the "Gothic Black" Gilding Powder and heat set it.  By using the hybrid ink instead of a clear embossing ink, it gave me a much cleaner and sharper image.  I have to say that black embossing powder usually scares me - a lot!!!  But this "Gothic Black" Gilding Powder is gorgeous and easy to work with!  I edged this circle using Distress Ink.



I adhered the circle with the sentiment to the stenciled card stock and snipped off the edge. I prepared a white A2 size top folding card base in white.  I covered the entire front with a piece of cork paper and then inked top panel edges with the same Distress ink and adhered it to the base and that finished my card!

This project was fun using the new Gilding Powders!  And conquering my fear of black embossing powder!!!

Here's a list of what I used:

Quietfire Designs Modern Gilding Powders:  Kells Gold, Copper Scroll, Gothic Black
Quietfire Designs stamp: Courage Doesn't Always Roar - #5715-1
Elizabeth Craft Designs Die:  Courage
Elizabeth Craft Designs Stencil:  Leaf and Snowflake Sprays


Sizzix 4" x 6" paper pad: Workbench
Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink
3" Circle Die
Cork Paper
Tape Runner
Vintage Photo Distress Ink

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...