Monday, October 7, 2019

The Gift of Friendship

I cannot  tell you how much I love this beautifully lettered sentiment - so much so that I stamped it twice without having an idea of how I wanted to use it.  This is one of the stamps from There are Many Gifts set- part of the new releases for Christmas this year.  It turned out it was pretty easy to use because it's a good-sized stamp - and it can work landscape or portrait mode on an A2 card.

I went through my stash of  Christmas paper and I think this is from a very old stack of KC&Company - not sure as my scrap pile has grown larger than my pile still with the cover.  I also used a very old Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles die.  After die cutting them out, I sponged this edges in different shades of yellow and green Distress Inks.

For my first one, I added a Penny Black die cut of Winter Berry colored with the same Distress Inks and then Copic Markers for the berry for that pop of red.  I decided to splatter some gold Finetec paint on the die cut to bring out the bit of gold in the border paper I found.


Check out that lettering!  So pretty.


For my second card, I used the same die and paper (this paper was two sided) just rearranged.  A little less sponging on the sentiment and gold splattered on the layer with the sentiment also.  I love how traditional this second card looks.



So which do you like better and how many of these would you make for your friends?



There Are Many Gifts - Set of 3 Stamps - Mounted


5 comments:

Nancy said...

Gorgeous cards, Diana! I love them both! :o)

Michelle Perrine said...

Diana, they're just beautiful!

Diana Nguyen said...

Thanks, Nancy!

Diana Nguyen said...

Thanks, Michelle!!!

Deepti Stephens said...

Your cards are so beautiful. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...