Thursday, October 24, 2019

Playing with the Modern Gilding Powders and Christmas Dies

Diana here today with a collection of Christmas cards I made where I experimented with the new Modern Gilding Powders.  I wanted to see what they look like next to each other - as well as crank out a few cards while I'm at it.

To start, I die-cut the Christmas from the Merry Christmas 3 die set out of watercolor paper because it was thicker than my regular cardstock.  I did the same for the Cheer, love, joy and peace die.    


For the first card, I used Kell's Gold on the Christmas and Dragon Berry for the Cheer.  I heated the powder for a while and got a nice smooth surface.


For the card below, I used Burnished Silver and heated it just enough for the powder to melt.  It gave a wonderful textured look (see second photo below).




For the third card, I also used the Burnished Silver but heated it for a bit longer for the smooth finish.


On the last one, the Christmas is in Copper Scroll.  As you see, the Copper Scroll and the Kell's Gold was paired with a scrap piece of paper from the same hue.  I sponged the edges with a tan Distress Ink and Hickory Smoke on the gray backgrounds.




Here is all four together so you can see the difference.  The wreath is from an old Spellbinders Woodland Wreath set, cut with two different shades of green card stock.  I hope the comparison helps and you'll find that you need all the colors.  :)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...