Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Let Your Dreams Soar


Hello Everyone!  Betsy here on the blog today with this very ethereal card using the Soar Collection and Soar die!

I was very inspired by the dreamy quality of Suzanne's calligraphy and the images in the stamp set.  And the die cut "Soar" really needed some sparkle behind it!

I started by choosing a paper that went with my theme...in this case clouds and stars in the sky, cutting it to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I used the die, retaining the inner bits that I knew would have to be glued back on.  I cut a piece of heat resistant acetate and glued it behind the die cut. Then I adhered
the extra bits so the word would be clear. 


Then I put this panel in my MISTI to be stamped.  I placed all of the butterfly stamps and the sentiment on at one time.  I curved the sentiment...so easy to do as they are photopolymer.  I stamped everything in black hybrid ink and then heat embossed with Gothic Black Modern Gilding Powders.


At this point I colored in the outer parts of the butterfly wings with a white Prisma color pencil and then made hi-lights with a white gel pen.
Next it was time to make the shaker.  I placed foam tape all over the back of the panel.  I paid particular attention to the area around the die cut portion, making sure I placed my foam tape completely around the outer edge of it and that there were no gaps.
I cut a side folding A2 size card base out of dark blue card stock.  I placed my shakers bits, 
in this case clear diamond sparkles, onto the base where they would be 
captured by the foam taped top panel.
I gently placed my top panel over the shaker bits and made sure they were all contained before pressing it down firmly.
I added 5 iridescent star sequins to my piece and numerous tiny stars.  I added Liquid Pixie Dust on the actual paper in places where it was lighter.
This finished my card!




Quietfire Design Supplies Used:

 Soar 

Other Supplies Used:

DCWV Zodiac Paper
White Prisma Color Pencil
#10 White Gelly Roll Pen
Lawn Fawn Liquid Fair Dust
Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink
Misc Dark Blue Card Stock
Misc Star Sequins
Foam Tape
MISTI Stamping Tool

Thank you so much for joining me today.  I hope you are inspired to create your own 
version of my "Let Your Dreams Soar" card. 
 Happy Papercrafting!

Betsy








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...